ENSURE® CHOCOLATE POWDER 400 g
· Oral nutritional supplement
· Powder to be reconstituted in water.
· Source of 21 vitamins and minerals
· High in omega-3
Why should I try it?
It’s important to take charge of your wellbeing so you have the strength and energy to do the things you love. But it can be hard to get the right nutrients in the right amounts.1
Ensure® is scientifically designed to provide supplemental nutrition with essential nutrients, so you can STAY STRONG!1
Getting the right nutrients in the right amounts can help us conserve our energy and benefit our health in general.2
Each serving contains:1,3-9
- A source of 21 vitamins and minerals
- Vitamin D, which promotes calcium absorption and contributes to the normal functioning of muscles and bones
- High-quality protein to promote the recovery and maintenance of muscle mass
- Vitamins B2, B6 and B12 to help reduce fatigue and tiredness
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids to support heart health
- Antioxidants vitamin C, vitamin E, β-carotene and selenium to support the immune system
- Prebiotic fibre FOS# to support digestive tract health
- Add 6 level scoops of powder (53.8 g) to 195 ml of water, twice a day.
- Stir or shake thoroughly to dissolve the powder
- Use reconstituted Ensure® immediately, or cover, refrigerate and use within 24 hours
- One can yields approximately 7 (230 ml) servings.
Ensure® can contribute to:3,5
- Reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Preserving bone and muscle qualityGetting the right nutrients in the right amounts can help us conserve our strength and energy and benefit our health in general, so that we can continue doing the things we love.2
- In good health there are no contraindications to prolonged use of the product.
References: 1. Ensure® Product Label. 2. Beattie AH, Prach AT, Baxter JP, et al. A randomised controlled trial evaluating the use of enteral nutritional supplements postoperatively in malnourished surgical patients. GUT 2000;46:813-818. 3. Khazai N, Judd SE and Tangpricha V. Calcium and Vitamin D: Skeletal and Extraskeletal Health. Curr Rheumatol Rep. 2008;10(2):110-117. 4. Deer RR and Volpi E. Protein Intake and Muscle Function in Older Adults. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 2015;18(3):248-253. 5. Heap LC, Peters TJ and Wessely S. Vitamin B status in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. J R Soc Med 1999;92:183-185. 6. Kris-Etherton PM, Harris WS and Appel LJ. Fish Consumption, Fish Oil, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, and Cardiovascular Disease. Circulation 2002;106:2747-2757. 7. Webb AL and Villamor E. Update: Effects of Antioxidant and Non-Antioxidant Vitamin Supplementation on Immune Function. Nutr Rev 2007;65(5):181-217. 8. Arthur JR, McKenzie RC and Beckett GJ. Selenium in the Immune System. J Nutr 2003;133(5 Suppl 1):1457S-1459S. 9. Slavin J. Fiber and Prebiotics: Mechanisms and Health Benefits. Nutrients 2013;5:1417-1435.
Ensure® Chocolate 400 g
|TYPICAL NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:For Products packed per 100g and as ready to drink per 230ml serving.Serving size 230ml(53.8g)powder.|
|UNITS||POWDER||*PER SERVING||% NRV**|
|(per 100 g)||(per 230 ml)||(per serving)|
|of which is total sugar||g||16||8.6|
|Of which is Saturated fatty acids||g||1.8||0.9||4|
|Of which is trans fatty acids||g||0.1||0.04|
|of which is polyunsaturated fatty acids||g||3.0||1.6|
|of which is omega-3 fatty acids||mg||300||160|
|of which is ALA||mg||300||160|
|of which is EPA||mg||0||0|
|of which is DHA||mg||0||0|
|of which is DPA||mg||0||0|
|Of which is monounsaturated fatty acids||g||8.5||4.6|
|Dietry fibre# Oligofructose (FOS)||g||4.3||2.3|
|Niacin equivalents||mg NE||5.0||2.7||17|
|Vitamin A (β-carotene)||mcg RE/IU||20/200||11/108|
|Vitamin A (palmitate)||mcg RE/IU||450/1500||242/807||27|
|Vitamin D₃||mcg / IU||5/190||3/102||17|
|Vitamin E||mg α-TE/IU||7.9/12||4.2/6||28|
**Individuals 4 years and older.
*The standard dilution is 233.8 g of powder brought up to 1 L with water. For a standard serving of 230 mL, combine 6 scoops (approximately 53.8 g) of powder with 195 mL of water. #AOAC 999.03/997.08
INGREDIENTS: hydrolyzed corn starch, maltodextrin, vegetable oils (high oleic sunflower seed oil, soybean oil, canola seed oil), milk protein concentrate, sucrose, oligofructose (FOS), soy protein isolate, cocoa powder, sodium citrate, flavouring (1.2 %), potassium citrate, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, calcium phosphate tribasic, choline chloride, ascorbic acid, zinc sulphate, ferrous sulphate, calcium pantothenate, Vitamin E, manganese sulphate, niacinamide, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, Vitamin A palmitate, thiamine hydrochloride, cupric sulphate, beta carotene, folic acid, potassium iodide, sodium molybdate, chromium chloride, sodium selenate, phylloquinone, biotin, Vitamin D3, cyanocobalamin, antioxidants (ascorbyl palmitate, mixed tocopherols).
Contains the following allergens: milk protein concentrate (Cow’s milk) and soy protein isolate (Soybeans).